Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday, a Day of Rest

I had an interesting day today, but I am resting tonight. Through the modern miracle of Skype, I attended church at Broadway Presbyterian in Sedalia, Missouri, at 8:00 p.m. while I was sipping Jameson! I know there's something wrong with that picture, but it seemed okay at the time. Being there felt really good, and everyone said hello to me. I cried. I feel the support of the people with whom I have shared Sundays for the past 25 years or so, and I thank every one of you for it. I am truly blessed to have such good friends and such a wonderful church family. Tomorrow, I will take the time to tell you about my conversation today with my two office mates, young Muslim Afghans who see a better way forward for their country. We discussed our religions, and I found many similar stories in them. But more on that later. For now, good night, and have a really good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment