Friday, August 31, 2012

Day Off!

Today was my day off. I think I prefer working!!! I woke up late and went to brunch, which is served on Friday from 11 through 1:30. There is no breakfast service, presumably because no one is there to eat breakfast. I assume that Thursday is pretty much a party night!

After breakfast, I actually read a book. And then I went to the treadmill and walked a couple of miles, and after that, came back to my room and repacked so that I don’t have to unpack to get to the things I need before I change locations again. I watched Braveheart on television – with almost no commercials, and the commercials I did see were in some other language. It was pretty funny.

Dinner came at the same time as usual, and so now I prepare to get ready for bed. I have to be at work at 8 in the morning, and for those of you who know me well, that will be nigh onto impossible. I will probably have to get up at 6:30. What tragedy!

Today, I gave thanks for the water we have in the United States. We are lucky to live in a country where our cities are required to give us potable water. I have to brush my teeth here using water from a bottle in addition to drinking water from a bottle. I never thought much about going to the sink to get a glass of water from the tap, and I can promise you that I won’t take that for granted when I get back home. I hope you don’t either.

Well, this is a short post for a short day. I’m looking forward to learning something new tomorrow, and I will let you know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment