Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cooking with Julia

If you saw "Julie and Julia," and if you love cooking and eating good food, you probably were just like me and ran out to find the nearest copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Then, like me, you probably looked through it and found that few of the recipes are really intriguing enough to want to cook. But I am not wasting that book! I gave my husband, Max, orders to make the potato leek soup - the first recipe in the book - while I was teaching a class on Monday night. He agreed, and so we began our own journey through the recipes. The soup, enough to serve 6 to 8, was delicious, and we ate almost all of it. In fact, the little left over will be my supper tonight before I head out to choir practice. Yum. I'll let you know what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment